Translate

Thursday 16 January 2014

Feature Interview with Author K.A Robinson

K A Robinson is in the interview seat today, so lets press her for an inside scoop on up and coming books and see what she will reveal.








Tell us a little about yourself.

Let’s see…. I’m 23, I live in West Virginia (USA,) I've been married for almost 5 years, and I have a 3 year old son.

How did you become a writer, and did you always want to write?

I've always written stories. 
I started looking into how to self-publish online and went from there. 
I love to write. 
It’s therapy for me.



How do you hope your readers react to the stories you write?

Well, obviously, I hope they love them! LOL All joking aside, I want them to remember the story for the underlying message that I put in. 
With Torn and Twisted, it was about drug abuse and physical abuse and the fact that those suffering from it are NOT alone. 
Also, for the families of drug users, I want them to be able to see what’s going on inside of their loved one’s mind. 
With Shattered Ties, I wanted everyone to understand that they should be proud of who they are, no matter their circumstances.



What responses to your writing have affected you the most and why?

I received a message from a lady after I published Twisted. 
She said that her family member had suffered with drug addiction for years. 
After reading Twisted, she had a better understanding of what was going on inside of her mind. 
That made me cry like a baby.




Other than writing great stories, what other goals do you have for your life?

I want my son to grow up healthy and happy. He’s my pride and joy. <3

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I love to read. 
A lot
So much that sometimes, it gets in the way of writing.




What can you tell us about your latest works?

Right now, I’m getting ready to release Tainted (Torn #3), Twisted Ties (Ties #2), and Breaking Alexandria, which is a standalone.

Tainted ties up all the loose ends from Chloe and Drake’s story.

Twisted Ties follows Jesse and Emma from Shattered Ties. 
It’s two years after Shattered Ties ended. 
It was a lot of fun to write, but it was also really… twisted. 
I had a hard time trying to wrap my brain around some of the things the characters did.

Breaking Alexandria is about a girl torn between two very different men. 
It is, by far, the hardest book I’ve ever had to write. 
It took me a long time to finish that book because it was so emotionally draining.



What would you like to say to your fans in New Zealand and others worldwide?

Ummmm…. I love you guys. All of you!!! 
You mean the world to me and I hope that I get to meet every single one of you someday!

Do you have any parting words?


Thank you so much for having me!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment